How to connect a Netgear Orbi?
Set up your Orbi as an Access Point
- Connect Orbi to the AT&T Modem using an ethernet cable (included).
- From a browser, go to orbilogin.com and sign in.
- Enter the router admin user name and password.
- The username is admin.
- The default password is password.
- Select ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Router/AP Mode.
- From the Router/AP Mode, select AP Mode radio button.
- Select the IP address setting. There are two options, the 1st is recommended:
- Get dynamically from existing router. The other router on the network assigns an IP address to this router while this router is in AP mode. (Recommended)
- Enable fixed IP settings on this device (not recommended). Use this setting if you want to manually assign a specific IP address to this router while it is in AP mode. Using this option effectively requires advanced network experience.
- Select Apply.
Once your Orbi is connected: Turn off Wi-Fi On the AT&T Modem
Disabling the Wi-Fi will prevent Wi-Fi conflicts between the Orbi and AT&T modem.
- Sign into your modem (You’ll find the access code on the modem)
- Go to Settings, then LAN, and select the Wi-Fi Tab
- Select Disable on the Wi-Fi Interface
- Scroll down and select Save (you may need to reenter the Access Code)