How to configure static IP addresses in the 5268AC gateway
If you ordered your Internet service with static IP addressing, your modem will need to be configured to recognize your IP address space. This is normally taken care of before you received your modem but if your modem is ever reset or replaced, you will need to reenter this information.
- You will need to obtain the static IP address range and subnet mask from IgLou. If you don't already have it, you can contact us online or call 502-966-3848 and we can email you a copy of the settings.
- Log in to your modem using the web address and security-code password that is written on the back of the modem. The address is usually http://192.168.1.254 but check the back of the modem to be sure.
- Enter the router address and subnet mask into the menu as shown below. You can also check "Auto firewall open" if you would like the firewall to be disabled for your static IP addresses.
- Click the "Save" button at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- If you would like a device on your network to always be assigned the same private IP (i.e. 192.168.1.x) by the modem, you can configure this here. Be sure to click "Save" after making any changes: